Welcome to Primal Warrior!

The purpose of this blog is twofold:

1. To help spread the word about Primal Nutrition and the entire way of life surrounding it.

2. To provide information on my particular fitness activities and athletic development. I may eventually use the protocol I'm currently testing to create my own brand of athletic training.

I will be posting quite often, so stay tuned! Oh, and feel free to drop me a line any time if you have any questions related to any topic this blog focuses on!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Let's start this off right!

I'm going to jump right into this whole thing with today's workout.

Today was my first time touching a barbell in at least three months. Life and other things kept getting in the way. Other things, of course, being my own laziness. I did a pretty good job keeping a decent strength base up, but nothing beats the strength you get from proper use of the Iron.

Squat:
45#x5x3
65x5x2
95x5
115x5
135x5
140x5
145x5

Press:
45#x5x2
55x5
65x5
75x5
85x5
95x5

Deadlift:
135#x5x3
155x5
185x5
205x5
210x5
225x5

Pull-ups:
Bodyweightx10
10#x5x5

And that's it! Use as much weight as possible while still being able to complete the last of the 5 work sets. I went slightly too heavy on the deadlifts at the end. I could feel my form slipping and I wasn't staying tight enough. But that was the only problem I had.

Now, this type of training is quite important, but in my experiment I only have room for one weekly. I will have a more functional strongman-style workout later in the week though, so this isn't the only raw strength workout. We'll see if two strength workouts are sufficient for proper athletic fitness, especially as a fighter, but my hopes are that this modality will actually be applicable to people of all backgrounds and athletic/fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment