Welcome to Primal Warrior!

The purpose of this blog is twofold:

1. To help spread the word about Primal Nutrition and the entire way of life surrounding it.

2. To provide information on my particular fitness activities and athletic development. I may eventually use the protocol I'm currently testing to create my own brand of athletic training.

I will be posting quite often, so stay tuned! Oh, and feel free to drop me a line any time if you have any questions related to any topic this blog focuses on!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

...Explosive What?

Explosive conditioning. Exactly how it sounds.

The basic idea is that, as a fighter, you need to be able to maintain power even during an exhausted state. This form of training will help to attain that. Here's the EC workout I did today:

5 Rounds, no more than 60 seconds rest between:
10xBurpee
5xExplosive Push-up (don't worry about clapping, just focus on exploding off the ground)
5xExplosive Pull-up
30 second Wall Squat
5xJump Squat
5xPush Press (I used two 30# dumbbells)

This workout, and this training method is thanks to the strength think tank at Diesel Crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment